Wednesday, January 23, 2013


I think I am back to blogging.  At least, I’m trying it out.  I’ve been having a significant urge to express myself through the written word, to share my message, and while I can dream about someday writing a children’s book, or a self-help guide, or the great American novel, I actually can post to my blog now, today, and as often as I want.  So here I go.
To catch up any former readers (yay for RSS feeds that never get cleaned up), and set context for new readers, here’s the brief synopsis of my last 5 years:
  •  My husband died suddenly and unexpectedly in his sleep in April of 2008, at the age of 48.  Probable cause: heart arrhythmia.  I was 45 and our daughter was 21 months.  Sucked Big Time.
  • I grieved, I learned, I grew, I integrated my loss.  I am still doing so.  Gets old sometimes.
  •   I am a peer counselor at our local grief support organization, and I get a huge amount of fulfillment from contributing in this way.  If my experience can ease the way for just one other person, it will be pain well spent.
  • I left my high-tech Silicon Valley job in the spring of 2011 to do something that held more meaning for me.  Hardest and best thing I ever did.
  •  I launched a coaching business in the fall of 2011, which continues to grow and evolve.  I will receive my CPCC and ACC certifications in the next month or so.  WOOHOO!
  • I sold our marital home in early 2012 and downsized to a townhouse half the size in the same city. Great decision, great timing, absolutely no regrets.
  • I have dated a handful of nice men, but haven’t found The (next) One.  I’m somewhat fixated on remarrying, though when I examine my life and opportunities, I wonder why.  It’s all so good the way it is!  But bottom line, I’m lonely.  I yearn for intimacy, to belong to someone and have someone belong to me.

So that’s the latest.  I’m excited to be putting pen to paper (fingers to keyboard) again, and look forward to restarting the journey of discovery that writing launches.

No comments:

Post a Comment